Thursday, March 26, 2009

Cinnamon Applesauce Pancakes


This is a perfect pancake for a toddler. These pancakes are delicious enough that I would eat them even though they don't have any sugar. My twin girls, Madeline and Isabelle sure love them!

Cinnamon Applesauce Pancakes

1 cup of wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp flax seed oil
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup all natural applesauce

Mix dry ingredients. Then mix in wet ingredients. Stir just until batter comes together. Cook in a large skillet or on a griddle. I made big pancakes this go around, but usually I make little mini dollar size pancakes. Either way, when you have made them, let them cool on a rack. Then place on a cookie sheet and freeze. Once frozen, transfer to a zip top bag. You can pull out how many you want to cook and reheat in your toaster oven. Makes an excellent breakfast!

1 comment:

  1. The kids loved these pancakes too. You've got lots of great pancake options! I need to send you my Yogurt Pancake recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin