Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Chicken stuffed with Olive Tapanade



A couple of weeks ago, I co-hosted a baby shower for my sister-in-law Dana. At that shower, I served a cheese ball. It had a layer of soft cheese, a layer of olive tapanade, a layer of cheese, a layer of roasted red bell pepper tapanade and another layer of cheese. Now, I have a jar of these two tapanades in my refrigerator and I was trying to think of a creative way to use them. This idea was percolating in the back of my mind for a couple of days. It turned out pretty tasty!

Chicken Stuffed with Olive Tapanade

Chicken Breasts
Olive Tapanade (homemade or jarred)
Sprinkling of Mozzarella Cheese
Salt & Pepper

Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Slit a hole into your chicken breasts length wise, very carefully to create a pocket. Stuff about a tablespoon of the tapanade into each breast. Season chicken with a small amount of salt (not too much, as the olives are very salty) and pepper. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Place on baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes (or until chicken is done.)

Weight Watchers:
about 1 pt per ounce of chicken
1 pt for 1 tbsp of Tapanade
.5 pt for cheese


Sides
Roasted Potato with Rosemary (3pts)
Frozen Sweet Peas (0pts)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin