Monday, April 6, 2009

Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich


Is it lunch or is it dessert? Either way, it is kid approved! I grew up on Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwiches and was thrilled to pass on this delicious-ness to my kids. A tablespoon of honey makes it that much sweetier. If you really want to take it to the next level (and push it to the dessert category) grill it with butter on a griddle, like you would a grilled cheese sandwich. Then drizzle chocolate syrup over the top. I don't think it can get any better.

Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich

2 pieces of bread
1/2 banana (on the ripe side)
3 tablespoons of your favorite peanut butter
1 tablespoon honey

In a bowl mash banana with a fork. Add peanut butter and honey. Continue mashing until well incorporated. Spread over bread and devour. (Licking the bowl is always an option.)

1 comment:

  1. Another hit Amanda!! Thanks!! We used home made almond butter and I had to use some agave nectar instead of honey (it's what I had on hand) but one of my guys gobbled up the sandwich and the other just ate it with a spoon straight out of the bowl! Another winner to add to our collection.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin