Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Change is in the air

Welcome all! Change is in the air. Over the next few days/weeks, The Frickin Chicken will be getting a new face lift. I have a brand new passion in the realm of food and I am so excited to learn more and share more. I am now declaring myself as a representative of the Real Food Movement and I want to share my journey of leaving the processed food world behind, I hope you stay along for the ride.

Last night, at my last seminar of The Living Passionately Seminar I took through Landmark Education, I declared my new passion to a room full of people. I stood up and told them I wasn't an expert, but I'm so excited about Real Food that I can't wait until I'm expert to start sharing what I've learned. After the session, I had so many of the participants come up to me and ask me more questions that I was a bit overwhelmed, but at the same time I was that more excited to embark on this new adventure. It is a journey to leave behind what you've always known and been told; to open your eyes to what might be possible if you let go of what you've been told is the "right" way to eat. I want to share that journey. I have so much to say, but for right now, I'll just leave you with a simple recipe.
-Amanda Dittlinger, Real Food Representative


Real Breakfast Smoothie

This recipe is just "approximates" I'm still not much of a measure-er and it is to taste anyway.

1/4 cup plain yogurt with live cultures, made with whole milk, or kefir
3-4 strawberries
1/2 frozen banana
1 raw egg, from a pastured, cage free, antibiotic free chicken
1/2 cup raw milk
1-2 TBS virgin coconut oil
splash of vanilla
1 tsp honey
pinch of sea salt

Blend all ingredients and enjoy!


For more information on the Real Food Movement, the Weston A. Price Foundation is an excellent source.

3 comments:

  1. whooo hooo!!!! Welcome to the dark side :-D Grab a stick of butter, and settle in for a ride.

    In all seriousness Amanda, totally excited for you! It's amazing to rediscover all the information that we as a society have forgotten or ignored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sounds really interesting. I would love to learn more. I know that when I moved to Turkey I had t relearn how to cook because there is very little processed food here. Everything is from scratch, but tastier and healthier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jules- It is fascinating what I've been learning. With you being in Turkey and using very little processed foods, you eat so much better than Americans. But what I'm learning in addition to that is that Butter, Lard, and Eggs are all good for you! Read more about it at http://www.westonaprice.org/food-features/519-why-butter-is-better.html

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin