Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Easy Taco Soup

I turned my taco meat leftovers into an easy taco soup. It was a bit hearty for July in Texas but it was still good. -Amanda

Leftovers Taco Soup

2 cups left over beef taco meat filling (mine had corn, cherry tomatoes and beans mixed in.)
2 cups chicken broth
3 tbsp tomato paste
1/2 onion (I didn't have any in the taco meat, so I added it to the soup.)
cheese for garnish
tortilla chips garnish

Chop and saute onion. Add tomato paste. Cook until you think it just about to burn, to develop the flavor of the tomato paste. Add taco meat leftovers and quickly add the chicken broth. Simmer until thick and heated through. Top with cheese and chips.

1 comment:

  1. I say that's why we have air conditioning! Occasionally I even want some chili in July. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin