Friday, February 26, 2010

10 Minute Toddler Dinner


Last night I had the opportunity to go to a MNO. That acronym is one I would never had known before I was a Mom, but it stands for Mom's Night Out and it is a wonderful acronym to have on your calendar. On MNO, I sure don't want to cook dinner, so my hubby was left with leftovers and I made this quick, easy and healthy 10 minute dinner for my twin toddlers. My chicken was already defrosted, so it would have taken a few extra minutes if it was frozen.

Toddler Chicken Dinner x2
1 chicken breast, diced
a few tbsp of a favorite dip (I chose Bar-B-Q sauce)
Refried Beans (they were leftover in the fridge)
2 minute microwave cheesy broccoli
applesauce with cinnamon

Dice your chicken and season to your kids preferences. I dusted them lightly with some ground thyme. Spray a pan and put the chicken in it to start cooking. Then cut some broccoli florets and place them in a microwave safe bowl. Add 1-2 tbsp water and cover with some grated cheese. Cover tightly with saran wrap and microwave for 2 minutes. Uncover carefully and stir. Remember to stir your chicken, but it will cook quickly if you diced it small enough. Then warm up some canned refried beans. A bit of all-natural applesauce with a touch of cinnamon (a favorite of my girls,) and you are good to go as soon as the chicken cooks all the way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin